Respecting and protecting your Personal Information (please refer to the definition of Personal Information at the end of this policy statement) is very important to ReachUp SA.
In line with the 8 Conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 3013 (the Act), We
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you and not process your Personal Information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your solutions or by the law;
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information that is in our possession;
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required.
ReachUp SA or the companies who provide or assist with the solutions that is required by you, need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- To share with and provide relevant products or services to you, and to maintain our relationship.
- To respond to your queries.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes.
- To conduct credit reference searches or verification, as required by operations.
- For operational purposes.
- For audit and record-keeping purposes.
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact Ms Laura Eikhaus (Information Officer), first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have, failing which, you are welcome to make contact with the Information Regulator directly:
Tel: 012 406 4818
a. We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
b. Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
i. your name and surname;
ii. your email address;
iii. your physical address;
iv. your gender;
v. your mobile number; and
vi. your date of birth.
c. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
d. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
e. We will not, without your express consent:
i. use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
• in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
• to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
• to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
• to improve your experience on our Website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
ii. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
• to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods or services to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
• to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
• to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 2 above).
f. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
g. We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your personal information.
h. We will –
i. treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
ii. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
iii. provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
iv. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
v. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
vi. upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
i. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
j. Reachup SA undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In particular, in the event of a fraudulent online payment, Reachup SA reserves the right to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
k. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.